• To uphold the Company’s policies and procedures in all security related matters and to report any breaches of Company policy
• To be confident in following the Company’s emergency procedures
• To provide a fair and consistent level of enforcement of all policies and procedures and to represent the Company in a professional manner, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
• To identify and advise management and staff of any possible stock loss risks or best practice in loss prevention
• To detect, apprehend and detain persons responsible for stealing Company property, cash and/or merchandise, and following Company policy and procedures in the conviction of individuals
• To conduct regular and random searches of employee and contractors’ possessions, within the Company’s policies
• To maintain a high standard of personal professional knowledge relating to Criminal Law, court procedures and security equipment
• Maintain a safe working environment for staff, customers and visitors to the store
Qualifications & Experience required
SIA Badge required and CCTV trained
Skills and personal attributes required
Ability to effectively communicate to a high standard, both written and verbally, at all levels.
Good listening skills.
Ability to work under pressure.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
Seasonal staff parties and team days
Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms) then click here to apply
The process from here is simple;
Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to a first interview with HR
Your final stage will be to meet a Manager in a department that you love and we think you will excel in
You will be in contact at all times with the recruiter so you can ask as many questions as you like