~~What will you be doing
The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with the uniformed guards, be responsible for preventing, reducing and minimising losses whilst also providing a safe and secure environment, by ensuring procedures are carried out in accordance with the Company rules and procedures. Other duties include theft detection and the use of CCTV, carrying out investigations where necessary and opening and closing the store. Random security checks/ searches on staff and visitors will also be required, as well as being conversant with all internal procedures, particularly in relation to the intruder and fire systems.
Skills and Experience Needed
Previous experience in retail security essential and you must have an ability to assess risk in the workplace and excellent customer care skills.
The ideal candidate should be able to complete the following
• To be confident and uphold the Company’s policies and procedures in all security related matters, including emergency procedures and to report any breaches
• To provide a fair and consistent level of enforcement of all policies and procedures and to represent the Company in a professional manner, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• To detect, apprehend and detain persons responsible for stealing Company property, cash and/or merchandise, and following Company policy and procedures in the conviction of individuals.
• To conduct regular and random searches of employee and contractors’ possessions, within the Company’s policies.
• To maintain a high standard of personal professional knowledge relating to Criminal Law, court procedures and security equipment.
• Maintain a safe working environment for staff, customers and visitors to the store.