Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join our Technology and Innovations team. As a Software Engineer you will be working collaboratively with the rest of the Multichannel and Core Systems teams. Innovation is essential, as making key recommendations, and implementing best practice design patterns are a part of the role.
What you will be doing
• Influence the digital development department by helping shape best working practises, such as coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, documentation, testing and agile methodologies
• Translate user requirements into functional design specifications and working with-in the scrum team to estimate accurate timescales during sprint planning
• Have a good understanding and advise on systems integration with the internal Core Systems development team
• Work closely with QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to, including CI, DVCS and release management
• Provide training to users of any new or existing systems and working with them to ensure they fully utilize the functionality available to them
Skills and experience you need
• You will have a previous experience of working on an ecommerce application
• You will have a previous experience of using git and Github
• You will have an understanding in the core Magento platform and LAMP Stack
• You are a confident communicator, both written and verbal
• You have an excellent work ethic and ability to multitask
• You are a positive and friendly person
• You have a can-do attitude
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Practically free London travel card for zones 1 – 6
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Charity day to support your good cause
• Seasonal staff parties and team days
• Study support for those who want to expand their qualifications
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day then click to apply
The process from here is simple;
• One of our specialist recruiters will review your application and if suitable ask you a couple of questions.
• If our expectations match you will have a phone interview with Hiring Manager for a technical interview questions
• If successful you will have a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager and one member of the team for an informal interview regarding the role
• Throughout the process you will have access to the recruiter who is on hand to answer any questions you may have.