Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are seeking an Online User Researcher to join our Online Team. The Online User Researcher will be responsible for building profiles of the Harvey Nichols online customer and determining what the needs of each group are. Your core responsibilities will include carrying out qualitative research such as user interviews, focus groups and surveys, and analysing quantitative data, primarily through Google Analytics. This insight will disseminate to support our Product Marketing and Web Development teams in optimising the online customer experience.
What you will be doing
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our target audiences, their behaviours, needs, goals, passions and expectations and disseminating this knowledge throughout the business
• Manage a programme of Customer and UX research, aligning initiatives with business needs, maximising research investment and helping stakeholders to prioritise activities
• Helping to create best-in-class experiences on Harvey Nichols by conducting research as well as advising based on heuristics, desk research and prior insights
• Conducting tactical and strategic research projects from scoping through to implementation, creatively making use of the most appropriate methods and tools
• Integrating research into all phases of the product development process
• Translating research findings into easily communicable artefacts, e.g., user journeys, videos, storyboarding, to bring findings to life and obtain buy in
• Helping the teams to deliver insights into designs and experiences, using research to inform priorities and support innovation
• Working with third party suppliers to recruit and manage users for testing, manage the budget and resourcing for the supplier.
• Able to utilise quantitative web analytics (Google Analytics) to support your recommendations
• To be a passionate UX and Customer research evangelist, championing the customer throughout the organization.
Skills and experience you need
You will have a previous experience as a researcher
You will have a higher degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interactions (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
You will have a strong portfoolio that includes your experience with international research
You will have a demonstrable experience of defining the analytical strategy within a large data environment
You are a team player
You are confident dealing with queries at all levels
You have an excellent work ethic
You have strong fashion knowledge
You have a “can do it” attitude
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Practically free London travel card for zones 1 – 6
Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
Charity day to support your good cause
Seasonal staff parties and team days
Study support for those who want to expand their qualifications
Our promises to each other
We support to build a career in the industry
Constant inspiration and challenge
Honest and upfront communication
Celebrate fabulousness wherever we see it
Work and play together as one
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day then click here to apply
The process from here is simple;
One of our specialist recruiters will review your application and if suitable ask you a couple of questions.
If our expectations match you will be invited to meet the hiring manager for an interview
Throughout the process you will have access to the recruiter who is on hand to answer any questions you may have.