From the time our guests arrive they expect nothing but efficient, polite and personalised service. Being part of the reception team you will approach every customer making their stay a fun and enjoyable 5* experience.
Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be. We are looking for an exceptional Receptionist to join our Cafe team full time, 42 hours/week)
What you will be doing:
• Be devoted to our customers in the Café by providing the highest possible standards of customer service in a fast paced atmosphere
• Take reservations and allocate tables efficiently
• Greet customers according to reservations requirements and assist in the service
• Maintain operational standards by ensuring the menus, allergy menus and wine lists are up to date prior to each service.
• You will be required to work weekends and evenings
Skills and experience you need:
• At least 1 years’ experience as a receptionist in a busy restaurant
• Enjoy and know our food, wine and cocktails
• Hospitality and customer service experience
• Strong organisational silks
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• You will have strong communication skills
• You are positive and proactive
• You love working in a team
• You are welcoming, fun and stylish
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.
All your hard work, rewarded:
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Practically free travel card zones 1 -6
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Seasonal staff parties and team days
• Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
The process from here is simple:
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist in our HR Team
• If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to meet with a Manager
• On our final stage you will be invited for a paid trial shift.