A rare opportunity has arisen to join the leading luxury retailer in Leeds as Finance and Operations Manager. This specialised role is working with the General Manager to support the selling functions within the store to the highest level, to facilitate the maximisation of sales and profit.
If you have previous experience of working in an operational role, ideally within a retail environment this could be your next role. The role is 40 hours a week, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis as part of the Senior Management cover of the store. You will also have the Department Managers of the support functions including Security, Maintenance, Cash Office, Stockmovement and Cleaning as direct reports, therefore the ideal candidate will also have experience of managing multiple disciplinary teams.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Provide ongoing analysis of costs and sales & margins to the General Manager.
• Review the monthly cost reports and submit accurate adjustments to set deadlines.
• At the end of year close with accurate cost and capex accruals to set deadlines.
• Complete and submit to set deadlines the November forecast & budget for both store costs and Hospitality sales & margins in conjunction with the GM
• Complete and submit to set deadlines the capex budgets for the store, in conjunction with the GM.
• Ensure that at all times the till system is operational and meets the requirements of the business. This is done through the continual liaison with IT and other service providers to ensure all issues and logged and closed in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all times the building is secure and the risk from fire and intruders are minimised. Ensure compliance in relation to insurance inspections and Fire Risk Assessments at all times.
• Ensure that all times there are adequate security personnel on duty to prevent/detain shoplifters/fraudsters (including internal theft) and manage any emergency incidents such as fire or suspect device evacuations.
• Manage the twice yearly stock take process liaising with the SIM (Stock Inventory Manager) and the EXSC (External Stocktaking Company) to achieve results in line with company expectations in terms of accuracy and loss.
• Ensure weekly Retail Operations KPI results are in line with company expectations i.e. on approval’s, store fulfilment, negative stocks, dump sales.
• Control and process all Merret write off’s in line with company policy
• Check and process all stock adjustments.
• Ensure all statutory testing is completed and all relevant information/certificates are up to date and ready for review in the Fire Log/Health & Safety file.
• Ensure all goods and services are purchased in line with the Company procurement procedures and Bribery Act
In return we offer a competitive benefits package including, annual bonus, private medical insurance, company pension scheme and 25 days holiday increasing with lenght of service.