We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (mechanical) in our flagship Knightsbridge Store.
• To ensure work is completed within the priorities set by the Department Manager.
• To ensure all works completed are carried out in a safe manner and conform to the latest legislative requirements.
• To recognise and build key relationships internally across the store and with contractors, particularly with other personnel within the Facilities team.
• To take an active role in identifying, preventing and addressing any Health and Safety risks and hazards and ensure that all work completed is in line with current health & Safety requirements including the H.A.S.A.W.A Act, COSHH, EU Directives and company Health & Safety Procedures in their working practices.
• To work closely with the IT department in terms of the repair of EPOS equipment and computer equipment.
• To up to date maintenance records upon completion of a task, ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
• To fully familiarise his/herself with all aspects of the plant and systems, which are in place at Harvey Nichols.
• To report any defects found immediately to the Department Manager, if this is likely to have an effect on the store or any H&S implications along with a clear method and timescale for repair.
• Ensure all PPM Inspections are carried out as set out in the PPM Schedule and report any defects to the Department Manager.
• To work closely with other trades within the maintenance team to ensure repairs are carried out swiftly with minimum down time.
• To enter into the maintenance log accurate details of any repairs carried out. Ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
Maintenance of AHU’s, FCU’s, Split Cassettes, floor/wall mounted AC units. Clean/ replace filters, replace belts, condense pumps, clean coils, replace fan decks and motorised actuator valves
BMS, Monitoring AC and heating temperatures across the floors, make adjustment to setpoints and amend lighting timetables to the store requirements
Plant control panels troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis potential issue with the system
Refrigeration, Monitoring Fridge packs, walk in cold rooms, Fridges, freezers for hospitality department and highlighting any faults found to department manager/refrigeration maintenance company for repair
Record and log Generators monthly offline testing, check fuel and oil levels are at satisfactory level and report defects to line manager
Record and log weekly sprinkler testing, highlight any issues and faults found on system, Emergency drain down of system if required
Record and log water temperatures of cold-water storage tanks, Calorifiers and water outlets throughout the buildings, Action recommendations and advisories put forward by water treatment company following potential positive legionella results found on system
Record and log Cooling tower bromine, Tower-treat and Biocide chemical levels and complete weekly dipslide tests, Top -up softened water salt pot and replace fan belts on PPM schedule
Plumbing, like for like direct replacements, indirect water heaters, taps, showers, toilets cistern valves, TMV’s, isolation valves, Local pipework alterations
Liaising with maintenance contractors
Mechanical Maintenance company
Refrigeration Maintenance company
Water treatment Maintenance company
Generator Maintenance company
Sprinkler Maintenance company
BMS Maintenance company
Qualifications & Experience required
Formal qualification in mechanical engineering or mechanical maintenance level
Qualification or experience working with cooling towers preferred but not essential
Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical plant maintenance.
Skills and personal attributes required
Customer service centric
Drive and energy
Building working relationships
We are Harvey Nichols.
A British lifestyle store offering a fearlessly modern edit of fashion, food and beauty, we inspire people to stand out and be unique. With a reputation for bringing new and exciting product to our stores and online, we also provide our customers with the best in hospitality ranging from a luxury wine offer to award-winning restaurants.
What you'll get:
Discounted Travel card zones 1-6
Enhanced paid maternity and paternity leave to help you care for new additions to your family after qualifying period
Season ticket/bike loan on completion of your probation period
40% off food in our restaurants for you and your loved ones
40 % on all Own bought Harvey Nichols fashion and 30% on sunglasses, beauty and wineshop
Generous clothing allowance
30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
3 extra days holidays on completion of 5 years service
Social activities for you and your loved ones
Fabulous learning and development opportunities with qualifications
Possibility to grow within the Company in other sites
Access to counselling with retail trust, legal advice and more