We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical) in our flagship Knightsbridge Store.
To ensure that all Electrical & Mechanical Plant is Serviced to the highest standards to preserve the life of the plant and to create a pleasant working and shopping environment & to attend to breakdowns and rectify in the shortest possible timeframe
• To ensure work is completed within the priorities set by the Department Manager.
• To ensure all works completed are carried out in a safe manner and conform to the latest legislative requirements.
• To recognise and build key relationships internally across the store and with contractors, particularly with other personnel within the Facilities team.
• To take an active role in identifying, preventing and addressing any Health and Safety risks and hazards and ensure that all work completed is in line with current health & Safety requirements including the H.A.S.A.W.A Act, COSHH, EU Directives and company Health & Safety Procedures in their working practices.
• To work closely with the IT department in terms of the repair of EPOS equipment and computer equipment.
• To up to date maintenance records upon completion of a task, ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
• To fully familiarise his/herself with all aspects of the plant and systems, which are in place at Harvey Nichols.
• To report any defects found immediately to the Department Manager, if this is likely to have an effect on the store or any H&S implications along with a clear method and timescale for repair.
• Ensure all PPM Inspections are carried out as set out in the PPM Schedule and report any defects to the Department Manager.
• To work closely with other trades within the maintenance team to ensure repairs are carried out swiftly with minimum down time.
• To enter into the maintenance log accurate details of any repairs carried out. Ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
Qualifications & Experience required
• Formal qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering.
Skills and personal attributes required
• Communication skills
• Customer service centric
• Drive and energy
• Building working relationships
• Team player
• Problem solving
We are Harvey Nichols.
A British lifestyle store offering a fearlessly modern edit of fashion, food and beauty, we inspire people to stand out and be unique. With a reputation for bringing new and exciting product to our stores and online, we also provide our customers with the best in hospitality ranging from a luxury wine offer to award-winning restaurants.
What we offer
• 22 days holiday in addition to public holidays
• Up to 30% discount off all Harvey Nichols clothing, make-up and accessories as well as food and drinks across Harvey Nichols Restaurants and Bars
• Generous clothing allowance
• Heavily subsidised Annual Zones 1-6 London Oystercard upon successful completion of probation period
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan