Apprenticeships & Internships
What Can you Expect?
Merchandiser – Shoes & Accessories - FTC
Do you keep up to date with luxury fashion?
Do you know your Chloe from your Balmain?
Do you love all things luxury retail?
If YES, we may have the role for you…
Luxury department store, Harvey Nichols, is searching for a new Merchandiser – Shoes & Accessories to join its thriving Merchandising department in our Head Office in London – Knightsbridge. Our culture is based on inclusivity; we embrace diversity. Whoever you are, Harvey Nichols has a place for you.
How we reward your hard work…
At Harvey Nichols, we champion career development and are passionate about our people. We will do all we can to support your journey and career path with us. Alongside this you will have access to a world of amazing benefits such as.
• Up to 40% off fashion
• Up to 40% off hospitality, foodmarket and hampers
• 30% off beauty and perfumery, wine and spirits
• Clothing allowance
You will also have access to charity days, a season ticket/bike loan; learning and development opportunities; to our Employee Assistance Program - Retail Trust and recognition schemes and the opportunity to join one of our employee groups – Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion and Sustainability. These are just some of the reasons people join and stay!
About the role…
To ensure that the trading performance of departments is realised through sales stock and profit analysis and interpretation on a going basis. Ensure full net profit potential of product areas is realised by working closely with Buying, Concessions, Finance, and Logistics.
• Review weekly, Monday morning Sales and Stock Report, Brand Sales Margin Report and Current Season Sales Report
• Analyse sales and stock position of departments and brands and review weekly with buying teams in order to make decisions concerning open to buy (OTB), repeats, cancellations, allocations and transfer of stock.
• Manage & develop Allocator.
• Manage OTB – maintain OTB spreadsheet and prevent overspends.
• Review margin performance and investigate any deviations from plan.
• Provide information and analysis to buying teams to negotiate profit funding, markdown funding, space, and density deals with suppliers.
• Ability to use the Merret and Board system for operational use and analysis.
• Reforecast sales, intake, markdown, density, profit, and terminal stock. Review the forecasts with Buying Manager (BM) and ensure strategic decisions are made to maximise profit.
• Provide all information in preparation for range reviews ensure documents are all completed and agreed upon. These should be completed four times per year; twice for the main season review, twice for mid-season review.
• Prepare and plan seasonal sales (full price and markdown), terminal stocks and calculate seasonal buy using the ‘buy summary document’.
• Participate in agreeing sales growth with Buyers and BM by department, store and brand and assist in preparation of seasonal budgets by brand by store.
• Review space documentation and action space changes in stores.
• With BM propose finance sales and margin budgets by department by store. Agree with Group Merchandise Planning Manager. Input through Budget system (Board)
• Review the impact of proposed markdown on planned terminal stocks and profit levels.
• Where applicable, review calculated option range plans for top brands and agree with the Buyer.
• Review category and size analysis prepared by buying teams
Is this you?
We are looking for individuals who embrace diversity, love a challenge, are passionate about luxury retail and are looking for something uniquely different.
• Do you have excellent organisation, communication, and presentation skills?
• Do you have strong interpersonal skills?
• Are you persuasive and articulate?
• Do you have strong administrative skills?
• Do you have a passion for fashion?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms) and this role catches your eye, hit the “apply” button below to kick-start your journey with us.
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.