Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be. We are constantly changing and developing. Not only our products but ensuring we are offering every member of the Harvey Nichols family every opportunity to grow their skills either in a different department or a different part of the Harvey Nichols world. What this means is that we always have an eye out for our next brilliant employee.
Harvey Nichols Birmingham are looking for a full time Maintenance Assistant, to join our Facilities Team.
• Ensuring that both planned and unplanned maintenance work within the store is carried out in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
What you will be doing:
• Reactive maintenance on a daily basis including carpentry, painting, decorating and electrical work
• Responding to maintenance issues from replacing a light bulb, to fixing leaks to adjusting the Air Con systems?
• Conducting regular fire alarm tests
• Working alongside the Facilities Manager to ensuring the store is both safe and functional for our customers, by assisting in conducting regular checks, contributing to ensuring each visitor has an outstanding experience.
Skills and experience you need:
• You’ll already been an experienced Maintenance Assistant or an individual with experience across electrics, mechanical who is looking for the next challenge.
• Be a team player
• You will be the type to take ownership, use your initiative and take responsibility for the safety and functionality of the store with the help and support of the Facilities Manager.
• Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
• Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
Seasonal staff parties and team days
Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
• If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms) then click here to apply
The process from here is simple;
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to a first stage interview.
Your final stage will be to meet a Manager in a department that you love and we think you will excel in
You will be in contact at all times with the recruiter so you can ask as many questions as you like