Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that's exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are seeking an In-house Recruiter to be part of the Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge HR team.
You will be reporting to our London HR Business Partner and will be based normally in our HR Office in Knightsbridge. You will be also working under the guidance of our talent team based in Head Office and therefore you will be required to sometimes work in Head Office, based in Chiswick.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, passionate about finding talent and have amazing knowledge of the needs for luxury retail. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment and will thrive through constant challenge and inspiration.
What you will be doing:
You'll support Hiring Managers throughout the selection process.
Our hiring managers will need your help to identify what skills they're looking for and how best to assess these. You'll be confident challenging their thinking and asking the right questions to figure this out. You'll own everything about the hiring process from beginning to end.
You'll support candidates throughout the recruitment process and manage their expectations.You will make sure that every applicant feels valued. You will know or will find out ways where to find the right candidates and have ideas of how to make them feel welcome and appreciated. Once we've decided we want to hire someone, you'll make it an effortless, pleasant process, and keep that excitement burning.
You'll be confident at approaching candidates and will manage the relationship with shortlisted candidates from beginning to end. You'll be able to challenge and decide when we don't need an agency or a temporary worker. You'll also be great at sourcing passive candidates and think about how to get the best people interested in Harvey Nichols.
You'll be passionate about making processes work better.
We constantly refine our hiring processes to make them more effective. You'll use data to work out what's going well and where things could be better, and share your findings with the HRBP and the talent team in Head Office so we can all improve.
You might have a specialist area (retail) but you'll be comfortable working on any role.
We are looking for someone whose expertise is retail recruitment however, you will be happy getting stuck into hiring any role that needs you (support roles or hospitality). You'll work closely with the HR and talent teams to solve company-wide recruitment problems, share what you already know and learn from their experiences.
Skills and experience you need:
• Proven experience in retail recruitment.
• Experience recruiting multiple roles.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Outstanding organisational skills.
• The ability to build good working relationships.
• You're used to working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with shifting priorities.
• You love recruitment and pride yourself on your resourcefulness.
• You're empathetic, adaptable and respectful.
• You can adapt your approach to work with a range of Hiring Managers with different needs.
• You will be resilient with lots of drive and energy.
All your hard work?
Our colleagues are as important as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us.
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance.
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike from work.
• Seasonal staff parties and team days.
• Charity day to support your good cause.
• 25 days holidays + bank holidays.
• Annual oyster card heavily subsidised by Harvey Nichols.
• A very competitive Heart of House Bonus Scheme.
Where do I sign?
If this is still sounding like the perfect role for you we look forward to reviewing your application. Please state clearly on your CV or within a cover letter your current salary, your salary expectations; your notice period and the days and hours you are available to work.