We at Harvey Nichols are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical) at OXO Restaurant, Brasserie and Bar.
To ensure that all Electrical & Mechanical Plant is serviced to the highest standards to preserve the life of the plant and to create a pleasant working and customer environment & to attend to breakdowns and rectify in the shortest possible timeframe.
• To ensure work is completed within the priorities set by the Department Manager.
• To ensure all works completed are carried out in a safe manner and conform to the latest legislative requirements.
• To recognise and build key relationships internally across the store and with contractors, particularly with other personnel within the Facilities team.
• To take an active role in identifying, preventing and addressing any Health and Safety risks and hazards and ensure that all work completed is in line with current health & Safety requirements including the H.A.S.A.W.A Act, COSHH, EU Directives and company Health & Safety Procedures in their working practices.
• To work closely with the IT department in terms of the repair of EPOS equipment and computer equipment.
• To up to date maintenance records upon completion of a task, ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
• To fully familiarise his/herself with all aspects of the plant and systems, which are in place at Harvey Nichols.
• To report any defects found immediately to the Department Manager, if this is likely to have an effect on the store or any H&S implications along with a clear method and timescale for repair.
• Ensure all PPM Inspections are carried out as set out in the PPM Schedule and report any defects to the Department Manager.
• To work closely with other trades within the maintenance team to ensure repairs are carried out swiftly with minimum down time.
• To enter into the maintenance log accurate details of any repairs carried out. Ensuring that these are available for inspection as required and in line with company procedures and legislative requirements.
Qualifications & Experience required
• Formal qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering.
Skills and personal attributes required
• Communication skills
• Customer service centric
• Drive and energy
• Building working relationships
• Team player
• Problem solving
We are OXO Restaurant, Brasserie and Bar
With three amazing venues situated on the eighth floor at one of the most iconic landmarks in London, OXO offers our fearlessly stylish customers a destination with unprecedented dining and drinking. Being apart of the Harvey Nichols Brand we are firm believers in career paths, development within the OXO Tower Restaurant Bar and Brasserie is amongst our priorities, this alongside a generous pay and incentives, recognition schemes a great work/life balance, as well as a world of amazing benefits, make our people join and stay!
What we offer:
• 22 days holiday in addition to public holidays
• Up to 40% discount off all Harvey Nichols clothing, make-up and accessories as well as food and drinks across Harvey Nichols Restaurants and Bars
• Generous clothing allowance
• 40% discount off OXO Restaurant, Brasserie and Bar
• Heavily subsidised Annual Zones 1-6 London Oystercard upon successful completion of probation period