What you will be doing:
- Ensure sufficient mise en place is ready for service at the appropriate times during the day
- Prepare, cook and present dishes in accordance with the standard set by the Head Chef
- Ensure that portion control specifications are adhered to, as instructed.
- Prepare dishes and menu items as assigned by senior staff
- Operate and clean kitchen equipment with due regard to safety, correct method, as instructed and in accordance with the manufactures’ instructions
- You will be required to work weekends and evenings
Skills and experience you need:
- At least 1 years’ Demi Chef De Partie experience in Pastry
- Good knife skills
- Elementary food hygiene
- You will be passionate about food and quality
- You thrive under pressure
- You love working in a team
- You are eager to develop your skills
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Practically free travel card zones 1 -6
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Seasonal staff parties and team days
• Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
The process from here is simple:
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
• If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to meet with a Manager
• On our final stage you will be invited for a paid trial shift.