Decorator - Knightsbridge Store
Grade: Non Management
Reports to: Department Manager – Maintenance
To ensure that both planned and unplanned painting and decorating is carried out in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
• To carry out planned preventative painting and decorating in conjunction with the Department Manager.
• To work with regular contractors and ensure maintenance contracts are adhered to during their time in the store.
• Monitor routine maintenance and ensure appropriate records are kept.
• Monitor maintenance request book and ensure that emergency requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently, where appropriate.
• Ensure that the department is maintained in a safe manner, free of hazards, and that the store Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Maintain a keen awareness of store security procedures and policies and to carry out stock checks as directed by the Department Manager.
• Ensure that work carried out by the team complies with all Health and Safety requirements, including the Health and Safety At Work Act, COSHH and EU Directives. Ensure that personal protective equipment is appropriate and is used.
Qualifications & Experience required
• Experience of working in the trade.
Skills and personal attributes required
• Communication skills
• Customer service centric
• Drive and energy
• Building working relationships
• Team player
• Problem solving
We are Harvey Nichols
A British lifestyle store offering a fearlessly modern edit of fashion, food and beauty, we inspire people to stand out and be unique. With a reputation for bringing new and exciting product to our stores and online, we also provide our customers with the best in hospitality ranging from a luxury wine offer to award-winning restaurants.
What we offer
• 22 days holiday in addition to public holidays
• Up to 30% discount off all Harvey Nichols clothing, make-up and accessories as well as food and drinks across Harvey Nichols Restaurants and Bars
• Generous clothing allowance
• Heavily subsidised Annual Zones 1-6 London Oystercard upon successful completion of probation period
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan