Build and expand the customer base through delivering exceptional customer service and product knowledge. Deliver exceptional customer service using excellent organisational and proficient communication skills. Maximise opportunities to achieve sales targets using all available channels of retailing. Support the business in ensuring that Harvey Nichols is the “go-to” destination for fashion.
What you will be doing
• Deliver efficient and exceptional service by ensuring orders are organised, prepared appropriately and ready for Click & Collect and Click & Try services.
• Encourage customers to try items on collection.
• Encourage instore appointments.
• Drive sales through offering knowledgeable and professional styling advice to in store, telephone and online clients.
• Work with the Style Advisor team to drive sales across all locations and build multichannel relationships with all customers where appropriate.
• Identify opportunities to expand and develop Harvey Nichols customer base.
• Maintain up to date product knowledge of past, current and future ranges, as well as keeping abreast of trends.
• Create upselling opportunities.
• Work with challenging customers in a professional manner, turning negative experiences into exceptionally positive experiences.
• Minimise returns to the business through customer offering alternatives.
• Manage the life cycle of customer orders in the Click & Collect area and ensure each customer interaction is followed through to the end.
• Build a strong working relationship with the Fulfilment team to ensure all customer orders are processed within the expected timeframe.
• Highlight and escalate any stock discrepancies to the relevant team.
• Ensure all external and internal communication, both verbal and written, is on brand, accurate and reflective of the Harvey Nichols tone of voice.
• Maintain customer data on relevant systems for future reference ensuring the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Ensure all processes, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Skills and experience you will need
• Previous experience of sales and customer interaction.
• Extensive knowledge of the current trends including fashion and beauty within women and men’s categories.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• PC, Web, Ecommerce and technology literate.
• Understanding of CRM.
• Command of the following languages is desirable; Arabic, French, Mandarin, Spanish and Russian.
A bit about you
• Customer service centric.
• Sales driven.
• Drive and energy.
• Ability to effectively communicate to a high standard, both written and verbally, at all levels.
• Positive attitude.
• Good listening skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to build good relationships.
• Team player.
• Problem solving.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills, as well ability to prioritise tasks.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Must be pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative/ideas in order to constantly improve the customer experience and drive sales.
What we offer
• Up to 40% discount off Harvey Nichols clothing, make-up, accessories and much more
• Up to 40% discount off food and drinks across Harvey Nichols Restaurants and Bars
• Generous clothing allowance
• Employee recognition schemes
• Season Ticket loan after 6 months service
• Free staff social events
• Excellent opportunities for transfer and promotion across the group
• A vast range of learning and development programmes
Subsidized Osytercard zones 1-6
The hours for this role are 40 per week on a rota basis working 5 days out of 7.
Flexibility on weekend shifts is required.