To ensure that all daily Cash Office tasks are carried out promptly and accurately and to ensure controls and procedures are adhered to, in order to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• To issue floats and takings bags each day for each till in the store.
• To count and bank all takings on a daily basis, with 100% adherence to the cash office policies to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• Issue cash advances, petty cash and foreign currency advances ensuring that all requests are authorised by the appropriate signatories and that the correct expense codes provided.
• Reconcile cash office float and all inflow and outflow of monies on a daily basis completing safe checks and audits.
• Highlight any variances and till discrepancies to the Cash Office Manager, Security Manager and relevant department managers for further investigation
• To resolve errors and queries.
• Liase with all Cash office related external departments promptly when necessary- eg, Secom, Eurochange
• Investigate and record chargebacks and disputes
• Manage receipts and all Cash Office related paperwork
Qualifications & Experience required
• Experience of working in a cash handling environment.
Skills and personal attributes required
• Communication skills
• Customer service centric
• Drive and energy
• Building working relationships
• Team player
• Problem solving
We are Harvey Nichols.
A British lifestyle store offering a fearlessly modern edit of fashion, food and beauty, we inspire people to stand out and be unique. With a reputation for bringing new and exciting product to our stores and online, we also provide our customers with the best in hospitality ranging from a luxury wine offer to award-winning restaurants.
What we offer
• 22 days holiday in addition to public holidays
• Up to 30% discount off all Harvey Nichols clothing, make-up and accessories as well as food and drinks across Harvey Nichols Restaurants and Bars
• Generous clothing allowance
• Heavily subsidised Annual Zones 1-6 London Oystercard upon successful completion of probation period
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan