Cash Office Assistant (Part Time - 16 Hours per week over Saturday and Sunday)
Harvey Nichols - Knightsbridge Store
Please note that this role is a fixed term maternity cover for 12 months.
Are you a problem solver with excellent attention to detail?
Do you love all things luxury retail?
If YES, we may have the role for you…
We are currently looking for the next Cash Office Assistant to join the team in London – Knightsbridge to ensure that all daily Cash Office tasks are carried out promptly and accurately and to ensure controls and procedures are adhered to, in order to minimise the risk of financial loss.
Our culture is based on inclusivity; we embrace diversity. Whoever you are, Harvey Nichols has a place for you. As the new Cash Office Assistant you will work 16 hours a week over Saturday and Sunday, in our flagship Knightsbridge store.
How we reward your hard work…
At Harvey Nichols, we champion career development and are passionate about our people. We will do all we can to support your journey and career path with us. Alongside this you will have access to a world of amazing benefits such as;
Up to 40% discount off fashion
Up to 40% discount off hospitality, foodmarket and hampers
30% off beauty and perfumery, wine and spirits
Travel Card for Zones 1-6, up to 80% subsidised on passing probation
You will also have access to charity days, a season ticket/bike loan; learning and development opportunities; to our Employee Assistance Program - Retail Trust and recognition schemes and the opportunity to join one of our Employee groups – Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion and Sustainability. These are just some of the reasons people join and stay!
• To issue floats and takings bags each day for each till in the store.
• To count and bank all takings on a daily basis, with 100% adherence to the cash office policies to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• Issue cash advances, petty cash and foreign currency advances ensuring that all requests are authorised by the appropriate signatories and that the correct expense codes provided.
• Reconcile cash office float and all inflow and outflow of monies on a daily basis completing safe checks and audits.
• Highlight any variances and till discrepancies to the Cash Office Manager, Security Manager and relevant department managers for further investigation
• To resolve errors and queries.
• Liase with all Cash office related external departments promptly when necessary- eg, Secom, Eurochange
• Investigate and record chargebacks and disputes
• Manage receipts and all Cash Office related paperwork
Qualifications & Experience required
• Experience of working in a cash handling environment.
Skills and personal attributes required
• Communication skills
• Customer service centric
• Drive and energy
• Building working relationships
• Team player
• Problem solving
We are looking for individuals who embrace diversity, love a challenge, are passionate about luxury retail and are looking for something uniquely different.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Where do I sign?...
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms) and this role catches your eye, hit the “apply” button below to kick-start your journey with us