To ensure that all daily Cash Office tasks are carried out promptly and accurately and to ensure controls and procedures are adhered to, in order to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• To issue floats and takings bags each day for each till in the store.
• To count and bank all takings on a daily basis, with 100% adherence to the cash office policies to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• Issue cash advances, petty cash and foreign currency advances ensuring that all requests are authorised by the appropriate signatories and that the correct expense codes provided.
• Reconcile cash office float and all inflow and outflow of monies on a daily basis completing safe checks and audits.
• Highlight any variances and till discrepancies to the Cash Office Manager, Security Manager and relevant department managers for further investigation
• To resolve errors and queries.
• Liaise with all Cash Office related external departments promptly when necessary.
• Investigate and record chargebacks and disputes
• Manage receipts and all Cash Office related paperwork