Looking for something unique? So are we. Harvey Nichols Birmingham are looking for a full time (40 hours) and part time (16 hours) Cash Office Assistant. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
As the first point of contact you will be engaging with our customers providing them expert style advice. You will approach every customer with the sole purpose of serving their every need whilst making it a fun and enjoyable 5* experience. For you both!
What you will be doing
• To issue floats and takings bags each day for each till in the store.
• To count and bank all takings on a daily basis, with 100% adherence to the cash office policies to minimise the risk of financial loss.
• Issue cash advances, petty cash and foreign currency advances ensuring that all requests are authorised by the appropriate signatories and that the correct expense codes provided.
• Reconcile cash office float and all inflow and outflow of monies on a daily basis completing safe checks and audits.
• Highlight any variances and till discrepancies to the Cash Office Manager, Security Manager and relevant department managers for further investigation
• To resolve errors and queries.
• Liaise with all Cash Office related external departments promptly when necessary.
• Investigate and record chargebacks and disputes
• Manage receipts and all Cash Office related paperwork
Skills and experience you need
Demonstrable experience in a similar role
1 years Administration experience
Strong numerical skills
Strong organisational skills
Excellent communication skills
You will have a sales driven attitude
You are positive and proactive
You love working in a team
You are stylish, fun and welcoming
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
Seasonal staff parties and team days
Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms) then click here to apply
The process from here is simple;
Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to a first interview with HR
Your final stage will be to meet a Manager in a department that you love and we think you will excel in
You will be in contact at all times with the recruiter so you can ask as many questions as you like