We are looking for a Assistant Restaurant and Bar Manager to support our front of house hospitality team in Bristol.
The role is full time. The expectation is to manage and operate the Second Floor Restaurant and Bar to the highest possible levels of efficiency and profitability. This will be conducted in line with Company policies and procedures and in a manner that fully supports our 3 Brand Values, which are:
• We provide a feel good experience
• We provide fashion leadership
• We are exclusive but accessible
- Ensure the smooth running of the Second Floor Restaurant and Bar to the highest possible standards of customer service.
- Promptly handle customer queries and complaints, either verbal or written, in a professional manner and to discuss with your manager any complaints that have not been satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure that a regular customer-base is established and maintained by personal contact and recognition.
- Support the Restaurant and Bar Manager in effectively managing staffing levels, ensuring that these correspond to the present and future business levels. Meet budget requirements and ensure that productivity levels are optimised at all times.
- Instigate and maintain high morale, motivation and team spirit, recognising outstanding performance and contribution to team objectives. Devise and implement methods to ensure this.
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained for customers, staff and suppliers.
- Ensure the Second Floor Restaurant and Bar meet statutory requirements for Risk
- Work across both areas, the award winning restaurant and cocktail bar (team of 5 in the bar, team of 7 in restaurant)
- They would want to be able to develop their management expertise in two areas rather than one
- We have the AA notable winelist award and would like someone keen to invest in our commitment to selling amazing wines to our customers and who has the ability to host customer masterclasses
- We host successful cocktail masterclasses and are looking for someone excited to engage with our cocktail customer
- We value creativity – our menus are bespoke to Bristol, both in restaurant and bar and want someone who can contribute to this
- They would have a rich and varied work pattern and would want to be able to assist the manager in leading a team with the highest of standards
Key skills required;
• Strong communication
• Excellent organisation and time management
Harvey Nichols is not just a destination for luxury fashion. We are also a destination for award winning restaurants. With eleven superior dining and drinking offerings we provide our customers glamorous environments to enjoy a light lunch, an indulgent afternoon tea, a decadent cocktail or a sumptuous dinner.
All your hard work, rewarded
In return we offer competitive packages and benefits including:
• 28 days holiday including bank holiday allowance
• Up to 40% discount off all full priced Harvey Nichols clothing, accessories and much more
• Generous clothing allowance
• 40% discount off food and drinks across Harvey Nichols restaurants and bars
• Employee recognition schemes