Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
To assist the Finance and Operations Manager in supporting the selling functions within the store to the highest level to facilitate the maximisation of sales and profit through effective management of the Cash Office, Stock Movement, Maintenance and Security teams.This will be conducted in line with Company policies and procedures and in a manner that fully supports our 3 Brand Values, which are:
• We provide a feel good experience
• We provide fashion leadership
• We are exclusive but accessible
Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
• Assist the Finance and Operations Manager to recruit, manage, develop and motivate the Cash Office, Stock Movement, Maintenance and Security teams.
• To assist the Finance and Operations Manager to minimise stock loss and ensure the security of the building and its contents through optimum management of security resources and ensure adherence to Security procedures by all employees at all times.
• To coordinate all aspects of health and safety in line with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that the company remains within legislative requirements.
• Ensure the timely and accurate receipt and recording of store takings and that security measures, banking procedures and audit requirements are adhered to.
• Ensure that end of month reporting is provided accurately and on time.
• Ensure that the correct company policies and procedures are followed at all times in relation to stock accuracy and stock movement.
• Oversee the Delivery, IBT, RTW, RTV and Store fulfilment processes to ensure all procedures are being followed and the Company standards are being met.
• Oversee the accurate preparation of the twice yearly stocktake and assist the Finance and Operations Manager with co-ordinating the stocktake on the day.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Experience of managing a team.
• Experience of managing processes.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft systems.
Skills and personal attributes required:
• Devoted to customers.
• Drive and energy.
• Ability to effectively communicate to a high standard, both written and verbally, at all levels.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
• Team player.
• Problem solving.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.