A British lifestyle store offering a fearlessly modern edit of fashion, food and beauty, we inspire people to stand out and be unique. With a reputation for bringing new and exciting product to our stores and online, we also provide our customers with the best in hospitality ranging from a luxury wine offer to award-winning restaurants.
Have you got a passion for Food? Do you have a keen interest in people development? Are you ready for the next step in your management career? If you have answered yes to these our Assistant Foodmarket Manager position in the Knightsbridge store may be the role for you.
What you will be doing:
In the role of the Assistant Department Manager you will be supporting the Foodmarket & Wineshop Manager;
Ensure the Fifth Floor Foodmarket consistently offers a 5* service to our customers;
Ensure high operational standards are maintained in line with Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation;
Ensure the Fifth Floor Foodmarket meets its sales targets and GPs
Train and develop your team to achieve their objectives;
Ensure Fifth Floor Foodmarket projects are managed and delivered in line with expectations.
Skills and experience you need:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar customer facing role
• Experience of management or mentoring
• Enjoy and know our brands and products
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• You will have a sales driven attitude
• You are positive and proactive
• You love working in a team
• You are stylish, fun and welcoming
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, but is not just a destination for luxury fashion. We are also a destination for award winning restaurants. With eleven superior dining and drinking offerings we provide our customers glamorous environments to enjoy a light lunch, an indulgent afternoon tea, a decadent cocktail or a sumptuous dinner.
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Practically free travel card for zones 1 - 6
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Seasonal staff parties and team days
• Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
The process from here is simple:
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist in our HR Team
• If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to an interview