ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT MANAGER - HANDBAGS AND ACCESSORIES
Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are constantly changing and developing. Not only our products but ensuring we are offering every member of the Harvey Nichols family every opportunity to grow their skills and take the next step.
The Assistant Department Manager will be required to encourage and support a working environment in which all members of their team take personal responsibility to achieve the highest possible standards of customer service
• Provide ongoing training and coaching for your team
• Be devoted to our customers by providing the highest possible standards of customer service both face to face and via the telephone or email
• Show we are obsessed with style by maintaining a high standard of presentation and merchandising of products in your department
• Take accountability for finding a resolution to customer queries and complaints.
• Develop a high level of product knowledge and share your opinions on current and future trends
• Work closely with your team and celebrate fabulousness wherever you see it
• You will be required to work weekends and evenings
Skills and experience you need
• Sales/service experience gained within luxury retail, hospitality, travel or leisure industries
• Supervisory/leadership experience
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Proven leadership skills
Engaging personality with a genuine interest in people
Confident in building rapport quickly
Proven team player with the ability to achieve with others
Develops and maintains key working relationships.
Good attention to detail
Positive ‘can do’ attitude with drive and energy
Proactive and solutions-orientated with a flexible approach
Genuine passion for style, fashion, beauty and luxury hospitality
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms)
The process from here is simple;
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
• If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to an interview
• Your final stage will be to meet a Manager in a department that you love and we think you will excel in