The Assistant Department Manager will be required to encourage and support a working environment in which all members of their team take personal responsibility to achieve the highest possible standards of customer service.
• Provide ongoing training and coaching for your team
• Be devoted to our customers by providing the highest possible standards of customer service both face to face and via the telephone or email
• Show we are obsessed with style by maintaining a high standard of presentation and merchandising of products in your department
• Take accountability for finding a resolution to customer queries and complaints.
• Develop a high level of product knowledge and share your opinions on current and future trends
• Work closely with your team and celebrate fabulousness wherever you see it
• You will be required to work weekends and evenings
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Sales/service experience gained within luxury retail, hospitality, travel or leisure industries
• Supervisory/leadership experience
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
Skills and Personal attributes required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Engaging personality with a genuine interest in people
• Confident in building rapport quickly
• Proven team player with the ability to achieve with others
• Develops and maintains key working relationships.
• Good attention to detail
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude with drive and energy
• Proactive and solutions-orientated with a flexible approach
• Genuine passion for style, fashion, beauty and luxury hospitality
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day (no we don’t have uniforms)
The process from here is simple;
• Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
• If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to an interview
• Your final stage will be to meet a Manager in a department that you love and we think you will excel in