We are looking for an enthusiastic Alterations Assistant who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the fashion industry. You will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and 5* service. The position is full time and you will be required to work some weekends.
- Have a sound understanding of garment fitting.
- Possess garment construction knowledge
- Possess hand and machine sewing experience
- Ability to confidently and effectively liaise with clients in fittings and tack fittings
- Possess luxury brand knowledge
- Be fast paced and well organised
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Possess previous alterations experience
- Interest in luxury fashion and retail.
- Has ability to motivate team; self-motivated & enthusiastic.
- Good planning & organizational skills. Ability to use initiative when required.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs – from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
• A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
• Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
• Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
• Seasonal staff parties and team days
• Charity day to support your good cause