1850 - 1904

The year 1872 saw the death of Anne Harvey, followed by that of James Nichols in 1873. Benjamin Charles Harvey was left as the sole remaining partner of the firm.

By 1874, Harvey Nichols occupied the entire block between Seville Street and Sloane Street. In 1889, the existing space was demolished to make way for a new, purpose-built department store. The building, as we know it today, was designed by CQ Stephens and built in stages between 1889 and 1894. In 1904, the location underwent a change of address to become 109 – 125 Knightsbridge.