Harvey Nichols is not just a destination for luxury fashion. We are also a destination for award winning restaurants. Eleven superior dining and drinking destinations all offering the very best in British cuisine.
Our experienced team in Birmingham are looking for a passionate Commis Chef to join them. This role is full time, 45 hours per week.
As a Commis Chef your key responsibilities will include:
Ensure health and safety practices are adhered to, as well as food hygiene regulations and security procedures.
Communicate with managers to receive guidance on Mise-En-Place, ordering, cleaning, labels and preparation.
Ensure portion sizes and ingredients used are consistent with costing and instruction from managers.
To match the level of service we consistently show our customers and to maintain our impeccable brand image successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate a high level of the following skills:
Ability to work under pressure and think on your feet.
Ability to build excellent relationships with customers and the Hospitality team.
Excellent communication skills.
Whatever level you join you join a family. A family that gives you full support and encouragement to achieve the very best.
Full training and development is offered to ensure you excel in your role and stretch your skills.
In return we offer competitive packages and benefits including:
- 28 days holiday including bank holiday allowance
- Up to 40% discount off all full priced Harvey Nichols clothing, accessories and much more
- Generous clothing allowance
- 30% discount off food and drinks across Harvey Nichols restaurants and bars
- Employee recognition schemes
- Subsidised travel card (on completion of satisfactory probation period)
- Free staff social events
- Excellent opportunities for transfer and promotion across the group
- A vast range of learning and development programmes
If this is still sounding like the perfect role for you we look forward to reviewing your application. Please state clearly on your CV or a covering letter your current salary and notice period.